Monday, January 11, 2010

Some soul in me, before me, in my heart's mind, longs to go back to "God will be all in all."

As far as conscious memory and remembered consciousness goes, I have never been religious. But I know and remember the feeling. There is something that compels me to regard the feeling as almost physical, because I distinctly know that it has always been, and always been before me. "Flesh of my flesh, bone of my bone" indeed.

I admire the energy, the surge to tax one's (conscious) self logically, intellectually, spiritually and ceaselessly for an answer. I only wish I too had an answer so sweet, and so sweetly irrefutable.

I do not want a violent awakening. I do not want to be cradled or caressed. I don't need to look back in the sand and know that those singular footsteps in my hardest times, belonged not to me. I don't need the voice in Herbert. I don't need the first or the last, the just or the merciful, the son or the father.

I just need the soul to come back home to me.

I've met the floor you can't fall below. I just want the reason you don't need to go beyond.

No comments: